Discover more from Psychology Today
Most Underrated Psychological Fact
1. Eye contact keeps a conversation going.
If you want to make a conversation go longer but don't know what to say, ask your conversational partner a question. After you've heard an answer, keep looking at them without saying a word. Your partner will keep on talking to avoid silence.
2. Almost 80 percent of people tend to complain about something when speaking in groups.
3. We give importance to people who ignore us and ignore people who pay attention to us.
4. Stress and anxiety are mostly a result of overthinking about problems that don’t even exist in the first place.
5. Spending time with people who are generally happy will make you happier in life.
6. The warm shower increases the body temperature which gives a feeling of togetherness and impact positively on various body parts.
7. The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions, according to studies.
8. The average high school kid today has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950's.
9. Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells.
10. It reveals that taking a long shower with warm water helps to avoid loneliness.
11. A study found that Interrogative self-talk --e.g. Will I go for a run today?-- is more motivating than declaring something to be true.
12. Love partners who spend at least happy ten minutes of the day together then they will likely to remain together for a long time.
Psychology Today is a reader-supported publication. Be a paid subscriber and appreciate us . Thank you